Friday, October 1, 2010

The Little Human Mermaid

Here's some concept art for my Little Mermaid storybook. First off, here's Azrael in human form. As you can see by comparing it to my previous drawing of her as a mermaid, I've decided to make her less gangly and anorexic looking. Now she's a cute little pudgy hipster chick. I'll revise her body shape accordingly in upcoming pictures.


Another sheet, with a stripped model for detailing her tattoos. (Yes, that's a mermaid Hello Kitty on her underwear.) I'm going to give her more. Anyone have some suggestions on what they should be? I want some on her legs and wrists. I also included a head turn of her with her old black hair. I can't decide if she should keep her piercings after the transformation.


And here's the sea witch, Fuckis. I worry that his body looks a little bland, but I can work on it. The three faces at the top represent his expression throughout the story. The head in the bottom left is the expression he makes on the final page after winning.


Lastly, here's a rough of the Prince and his band...

And to help myself design their look, I picked a song to imagine them playing. It's "Help I'm Alive" by Metric, which would be the final song on the soundtrack if this were a movie.

1 comment: